SMASH Academy at Northeastern University is a FREE, 3 year, intensive STEM-focused college prep program that empowers students to deepen their talents and pursue STEM careers. Each summer, scholars are immersed in tuition-free studies in partnership with leading universities throughout the country. During the academic year, scholars participate in monthly programming.
During the program, scholars build relationships with facilitators and STEM professionals that reflect their same demographics. Because of their common background, students connect more deeply with gain true mentorship from these STEM professionals. As they go through the program, scholars not only develop their skills and network – they also further develop their voice and build the confidence to become who they want to be.
How SMASH Academy works – Beginning the summer after their 9th grade year of high school, scholars gain access to the following:
– 3 summers of residential programming
– Monthly programming during the academic year
– Computer Science, STEM Workshop, College Success, and Electives courses
– Networking events with STEM professionals
– Post Academy support by way of our Alumni programming (college support, work readiness training, paid internships)
– A robust community of peers and support that will last a lifetime
Applicants must meet all the eligibility requirements listed below in order to be considered for SMASH (no exceptions).
1. GPA: Must have minimum 9th grade 3.0 GPA or equivalent.
2. Grade Level: Be in the 9th grade at the time of application.
3. Math Skills: Have strong mathematics skills appropriate for your grade level, as determined by your state standardized math test scores.
4. Attend a public high school or private high school via scholarship.
5. Location: Reside in the United States within 50 miles of a SMASH site as determined by your zip code.
To apply, click SMASH.
To view a flyer, click SMASH Academy at Northeastern University.
Please contact YOUR guidance counselor with concerns.