Top Reasons to Choose a College (NEACAC – Preparing for Senior Year)
Bad Reasons to Choose a College:
1. My friends are going there.
2. My boyfriend/girlfriend is going there.
3. It looks like a great place to meet guys/girls.
4. I won’t have to take a math, science, history (or whatever class you are trying to avoid) at this college.
5. This school has great sports teams.
6. It’s close to home—even if it doesn’t meet my criteria.
7. The campus is pretty.
8. It’s a party school. Spring Break- Every day!
9. It’s close to the mountains/beach.
10. My parents went there.
Good Reasons to Choose a College:
1. It’s the right size for me.
2. It’s the place I want to spend the next four years.
3. I meet the standards for admission.
4. It has several of the majors that I am considering.
5. The style of instruction fits my learning style and needs.
6. The housing on campus is appealing.
7. Support services are available if and when needed.
8. The college offers the sports/activities that I want to take part in.
9. The college offers opportunities for me to grow as a person as well as a student.
10. Students stay on campus on weekends because of the social life.
11. The college is within my financial means.