The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP) gives you the opportunity to receive college credit for what you already know by earning qualifying scores on any of 33 examinations. Earn credit for knowledge you’ve acquired through independent study, prior course work, on-the-job training, professional development, cultural pursuits, or internships.
How does CLEP help you?
- Save time. Depending on your college’s CLEP policy, a satisfactory score on a CLEP exam can earn you from 3 to
12 college credits.
- Save money. The cost of a CLEP exam is $77, a fraction of the tuition and fees for the corresponding course.
- Make college more interesting. Skip general introductory courses and move on to more advanced classes, or
explore new and challenging academic areas.
- Graduate on time. CLEP can help you to the finish line if you’re a few credits shy of graduation
- Satisfy a proficiency requirement. Demonstrate your ability in college math or a foreign language.
How to get started?
- Find out if your college accepts CLEP. Use the CLEP college search at http://www.collegeboard.comand talk to
your admissions office, test center, or academic advisor.
- Read descriptions of all 33 exams at www.collegeboard.com and decide which to take.
- Register to take your exam(s) by contacting a CLEP test center at www.collegeboard.com and making an appointment.
- Start studying. Get a college textbook and review sample questions.
- Take your test!