Lynn English students are eligible to attend Summer School for FREE. You may attend Summer School for one of the following reasons:
- You did not earn 25 credits this year to be promoted to the next grade. For example, if you are in the 9th grade and only earned 23.5 credits, you need an additional 1.5 credits to be promoted to the 10th So, next year, you will remain in a 9th grade homeroom taking 10th grade classes. You will be moved to a 10th grade homeroom once you earn at least 1.5 credits. This same situation also applies to 10th graders hoping to more into the 11th grade and 11th graders hoping to move into the 12th grade.
- You did not pass a Lynn Public Schools graduation requirement (i.e., English, US History, Physical Education)
- You did not pass a course that may be required for you to apply to a four-year college or university (i.e., English, Math, History, Science, Foreign Language)
To enroll in Summer School, please click the link in one of the below flyers (in English and Spanish) and complete the information on the registration form. The Summer School Directors were also provided with the classes and the number of quarters that you need to take.
If you failed a class for the year, you need to make up the following quarters:
- If you failed four quarters, you need to make up three quarters
- If you failed three quarters, you need to make up two quarters
- If you failed two quarters, you need to make up one quarter
- If you failed one quarter, you need to make up one quarter
If you are unable to attend Summer School, there may be an opportunity to make up failed classes during after-school hours when school resumes in the fall. At this time, we do not know if that opportunity definitely will be available.
All Summer School questions can be directed to the Summer School Directors:
- Lynn English – Johanna Smith – [email protected] – 781-477-7489, x-3014
- Lynn Classical – Mark Johnston – [email protected] – 781-477-7404, x-2234
We will return to school on Monday, August 30, 2021. Have a great summer with family and friends!
Ms. Kara Baletsa, [email protected], x-3433
Mr. Kevin Benecke, [email protected], x-3434
Ms. Nicole Passanisi, [email protected], x-3432
Mr. Rardy Pena, [email protected], x-3428
Mr. Matthew Wilkins, [email protected], x-3431
Mr. Robert Zollo, [email protected], x-3443