Scholarship Name: Lynn Continuum of Care
Status: CLOSED – Nothing Yet Provided for 2019-2020
Posted Date: May 9, 2019
Due Date: May 29, 2019
The Lynn Continuum of Care is pleased to announce that it is taking applications for its Annual Scholarship Program where two $500.00 scholarships will be granted. The Lynn Continuum of Care consists of non-profit organizations in the City of Lynn that work together towards ending homelessness.
The Mission of the COC is to create and maintain a comprehensive and collaborative support system of housing resources to serve the homeless while working toward ending homelessness in the City of Lynn. The Lynn COC is dynamic and responsive to both the unique needs of various sub-populations, the changing nature of these needs, and to the new community concerns. The Lynn COC strives to meet the immediate and long-term needs of every adult and child who is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, to regain housing stability and improve the quality of life.
- All applicants must be Lynn Residents.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a two or four year higher education program or an alternative career path.
- Applicants must be a Lynn High School Senior
- Applicants must meet the definition of Homelessness
- An individual who lacks a fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence
- An individual who is sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship or similar reason, residing in a motel, hotel, trailer park, or campground, due to the lack of alternative accommodations, or living in emergency shelter, abandoned or awaiting foster care placement.
- An individual who is living in a residence that is public or private and not ordinarily used for sleeping accommodations
- An individual at risk of becoming homeless or who will imminently lose their housing
- An applicant that met the homeless definition and overcame the hardship of homelessness
All applicants must complete the attached application and forward to Elaine White at Bridgewell, 10 Dearborn Road, Peabody, MA 01960, by May 29, 2019. Awards will be presented at the Annual Meeting of the Lynn Continuum of Care on June 20th at 8:00 AM. For an application, click CoC Application. For the cover letter, click CoC Cover Letter.