Scholarship Name: Northeastern University’s Torch Scholars Program
Posted Date: October 31, 2019
Due Date for Student Applications: January 1, 2020
Due Date for Guidance Counselor Nominations: January 15, 2020
Northeastern University is currently accepting nominations for the Torch Scholars Program for first-generation college students. The Torch Scholars Committee looks for bright, talented students who:
- Have succeeded against the odds, but have not reached their full academic potential due to difficult family situations, cultural barriers, financial challenges, or educational environments.
- Have shown leadership through community, school, work, or service.
- Have enrolled in college prep classes and would be successful with the additional academic and personal support of the Torch Scholars Program.
- Are U.S. citizens or permanent residents from low-income households.
- Have parents/guardians without a US undergraduate degree or equivalent.
In addition to academic and personalized support, the Torch Scholars Program covers all costs for a six-week Summer Immersion Program and includes tuition, room and board, books, and fees for eight semesters of undergraduate study. Students are considered based on their college application, and must apply by the January 1 admissions deadline. Torch alumni have entered masters and doctorate programs, created new ventures with start-up companies, and worked at established corporations across the country. For more information and to apply, click Torch.