Scholarship Name: National Association of Woman Artists, Inc.
Posted Date: February 6, 2020
Due Date: March 31, 2020
The Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association of Women Artists, Inc. (nawama.org) is an organization that fosters and promotes awareness of and interest in visual art created by women in the United States. We strive to encourage contemporary and emerging artists through exhibitions of NAWA members, educational programs and scholarships in order to honor and continue the long and important contribution of women to the history of American culture and art.
Eligibility: Any female student graduating in 2020 from the specific high schools or programs designated by the www.nawama.org Board, and planning to attend college in the Fall of 2020 with a major in Fine Arts. The designated schools and program for 2020 graduates are as follows: The Lawrence, MA High School Performing and Fine Arts Academy, Raw Arts in Lynn, MA, and Newburyport, MA High School.
Scholarship Process: The NAWA-MA Scholarship committee will review and evaluate all applications and select three recipients. Each recipient will be notified both by mail and email. Upon acceptance to college, the scholarship winner is responsible for notifying the NAWAMA Committee Chairperson, Rosalie Cuticchia at firstname.lastname@example.org of her school acceptance.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP:
Please submit the following via email or U.S. mail to Rosalie Cuticchia at: email@example.com or NAWAMA Scholarship, 12 Hancock St., Newburyport, MA 01950
1. Completed Application Form
2. Images of 3-5 pieces of your original artwork (in any fine art medium; one image per piece) in jpeg format in an email attachment. Please label each image with artist’s last name, title, medium, & dimensions (unframed). Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Essay: Please write 3-4 paragraphs explaining your goals, the reasons you have chosen to pursue a degree in Fine Arts, and why you think you should be chosen as a recipient of this scholarship.
4. Tell Us About Yourself: In 500 words or less, please explain why you make art. Include information about your art training, background, materials, and process. Also include any art exhibitions, awards, memberships, and anything else you would like us to know about you & your artwork.
5. Letter of Recommendation: Please submit one letter of recommendation from an art instructor who knows your work well. Please include the instructor’s contact information.