The below message is from La Vida Scholars – Lynn. They encourage you to visit their website (lavidascholars.org/) and watch their video to learn more and apply (lavidascholars.org/2020-application/).
La Vida Scholars offers services that bridge the gap between families and the college process by providing access to their dreams of higher education. For over a decade, LVS has helped over 150 students with their post-secondary education processes. Our students enter selective colleges and become the next leaders and thinkers. They have worked at Google, as doctors and nurses at hospitals, at think tanks in Washington, D.C., as engineers and researchers, at nonprofits in the Boston area, and even at the White House!
Each year, La Vida Scholars accepts 45 new Scholars to join our program towards the end of their sophomore year. Over the next two years you will receive:
- Kaplan ACT preparatory classes
- Career Exploration opportunities
- Individualized student advising and counseling
- Weekly College Prep classes
- College Campus visits
- Support with Financial Aid applications
- Monthly family meetings
- Matched college savings
- Help in completion of scholarship and college applications.
- And so much more!
To be eligible you must:
- be a Lynn resident attending a Lynn public school
- be “low income” by our eligibility requirement, see this chart for more info
- have a minimum GPA of 3.2 (report cards are required)
La Vida Scholars does not discriminate based on immigration or citizenship status- everyone is welcome! All students and families are eligible to apply regardless of whether they are undocumented, TPS, DACA, or DREAMers.
Since 2007, the program has helped 133 students secure over $15.2 million in grants, scholarships and awards.
Only apply if interested AND if you meet the three eligibility requirements.
If you have any questions, contact YOUR guidance counselor.