The purpose of the Brian S. Gilmore Scholarship Fund is to provide scholarships in Brian’s name to student(s) wishing to further their education. This scholarship is a tribute to Brian’s commitment and dedication to education.
Beginning in 2015, up to 2 scholarships at LEHS in the amount of $500 each will be awarded annually. An application cover sheet and essay must be submitted prior to March 30, 2021. Family and friends of Brian Gilmore will review these submissions. Scholarship(s) will be awarded to a candidate(s) demonstrating leadership, commitment to academics, interest in other cultures and overall kindness. The applicant(s) must prove acceptance to a 4-year college. Preference to students majoring in business or finance, planning to pursue a government or other humanities related position. Student(s) accepted to Bryant College or Northeastern University will also be given preference but is NOT necessary for selection of award.
All applicants must comply with the following eligibility and application criteria.
- Student must be a legal U.S. citizen student attending an accredited college, or university.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher (academic transcript must be provided)
- Must complete cover sheet and minimum 300 word essay.
- All documents have to be received by the B.S.G. scholarship by March 30, 2021.
- The essay must describe in detail why you are deserving of this scholarship and what your future plans include. Please, include how you plan to promote cultural compassion, study of other cultures and practice acceptance. Please refer back to the introduction page to learn more about Brian’s life and how he lived.
The application deadline is March 30, 2021.
To apply, click either of the below/attached documents.