The Amazon Future Engineer scholarship program assists high school seniors who have completed a computer science course and plan to continue their education by attaining a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or other computer science related field of study from an accredited 4-year college or university. Recipients of the award receive $10,000 at an accredited four-year college or university as well as a paid summer internship at Amazon after their freshman year of college.
Learn more about the program and meet a previous winner here.
Applicants to the Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship Program must be:
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Be high school seniors who are currently enrolled in or who have completed a high school or college dual degree course where computer science is the subject. Example courses include:
- International Baccalaureate Computer Science Course
- Advanced Placement (AP) Computer Science A or Advanced Placement (AP) Computer Science Principles
- Computer science through a college dual enrollment program
- Other High School course where only Computer Science is taught
- Be planning to attain a bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or other computer science related field of study from an accredited 4-year college or from a 2-year college with the intent to transfer to a 4-year college.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
Employees of Amazon and subsidiaries and members of their immediate family are not eligible to apply.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- Current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course, and term in which each course was taken.
- Copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040 used for the Financial Information Page.
Also as part of your application, one online recommendation form must be submitted on your behalf.
Students attending a 4-year college will receive $10,000 each year they are eligible for renewal. Students attending a 2-year college will receive $5,000 each year they are eligible and after transferring to a 4-year school will receive $15,000 each year they are eligible. The lifetime disbursement limit is $40,000.
Awards are renewable awards up to three years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first, renewal is contingent upon the applicant continuing full-time enrollment in an accredited college or university, maintaining a good standing with their university, and continuation of the program by Amazon Corporate LLC.
To apply, click Amazon.