BNCA restricts college scholarship funding to applicants who reside in one of the following communities:
Amesbury, Beverly, Danvers, Essex, Gloucester, Hamilton, Ipswich, Lynn, Lynnfield, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Marblehead, Middleton, Nahant, Newbury, Newburyport, Peabody, Rockport, Salem, Salisbury, Saugus, Swampscott, Topsfield, Wenham, West Newbury.
One applicant will be selected for each scholarship category from a competitive application process. BNCA will notify applicants about award decisions. These are one-time, non-renewable $4,000 scholarships.
The scholarship awards will be presented at a special reception on May 9, 2024 at Danversport Yacht Club in Danvers. The scholarship award recipients are strongly urged to attend but if school engagements interfere they may not be required to attend to receive scholarship. In order to secure the scholarship payment, scholarship recipients must submit written documentation from the college/university to BNCA indicating that the recipients are actively enrolled for the Fall 2024 semester.
For questions or additional information, contact BNCA at email@example.com
Application must be completed online.
The following documents are required at the time of submission of the online application. Please have these documents in your possession before commencing this online application as you will not be able to save a partially completed application. Documents that must be sent directly must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Partial applications will not be considered.
- Resume:Please attach a resume at the end of this application that includes extra-curricular and volunteer activities and employment history. Please include dates of participation, company names, positions held, and leadership roles where appropriate.
- Essay Questions:Please answer the following questions in three pages or less.
- How has cancer played a role in your life and in your goals for the future?
- Who or what inspired you to pursue a college degree? If you have declared your major, please indicate who or what inspired your choice of major as well.
III. References: Please include two typed and signed letters of recommendation
Please note: References from friends or family members will not be considered.
- Official Signed Copy of High School Transcript:Please include with the online application. If necessary for high school to send directly please email to email@example.com.
- Physician Letter:Please include a signed letter from your physician on official letterhead verifying that you qualify for this scholarship with a past or present cancer diagnosis for yourself or parent. Include with the online application.
The submission of a scholarship application shall constitute the applicant’s authorization to Boston North Cancer Association, Inc. to use the applicant’s personal information and photographs for the purpose of promoting the association.
To apply, click BCNA.