Review your third quarter report card and share it with your parents. Heed the warnings and follow the suggestions mentioned in the above October suggestions.
Attend the College Fair field trip to the Boston Convention Center.
- Take along a pen and a small notebook
- Take a bag to carry the brochures that you pick up.
- Print out some address labels with your name, address, phone number, email address, high school and year of graduation. Spend your time at the college tables asking questions, not filling out contact cards.
- When you arrive, check out the floor plan and find out where the tables for your top-choice colleges are located so you can go directly to them.
- Write your most important questions down in advance so you don’t forget them.
- Jot down notes about a college while your memory is fresh, such as right after visiting the table.
- Pick up the business cards of any representatives you talk to, so you can contact them if you have any more questions.
After you get home:
- Make a point of going through the materials and your notes within one week after the fair. You’ll probably remember more about your conversations with college representatives while the memories from the fair are still fresh.
- Follow up with any college that interests you by contacting the admissions office to ask further questions, and, if possible, plan a visit to the campus.